Contact Us for More Information
Illinois Naturalization Attorneys
We Help You Prepare for Your U.S. Citizenship Test
If you are a permanent resident of the United States and wish to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, the experienced immigration law attorneys at The Shapiro Law Group can guide you through the process. We have helped thousands of foreign nationals realize their dream of American citizenship.
Our firm is based in Chicago and Northbrook, Illinois, and our lawyers serve clients statewide and nationwide. We can determine your eligibility, assemble your paperwork, and prepare you for the interview and history test required for U.S. citizenship. Contact our immigration attorneys online or call for a free phone consultation at (847) 564-0712.
Ronald Shapiro practices exclusively in immigration, and enjoys helping immigrants whose ultimate goal is becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen. He can knowledgeably and patiently lead you through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements, and address any problems with your naturalization application.
Eligibility and Requirements
Citizenship is available to immigrants under the following circumstances:
- You have a valid green card (permanent residency status) and have lived in the U.S. for five years
- You are married to a U.S. citizen and have lived in the U.S. for three years
- You are a permanent resident, have served in the U.S. military, and have lived in the U.S. for three years
- You are married to a U.S. citizen who is being transferred out of the U.S. by a government agency, armed forces, or multinational company
- Citizenship Interview — We fully prepare clients for their interview with a USCIS immigration officer, advising clients on the best way to answer questions about why you are seeking U.S. citizenship.
- U.S. Government and History Test — Our attorneys provide clients with practice tests, Web sites and other resources to help them achieve a passing grade on the citizenship test.
If you have a criminal background, or residency or visa issues that could lead to rejection of your citizenship application, The Shapiro Law Group can explain your options and work to overcome obstacles. We also advise clients when it would be unwise to apply for naturalization because of the probability of deportation.
For knowledgeable legal representation, and personalized client service, contact our Chicago law offices today. We provide a free initial consultation and will help you through every step of achieving U.S. citizenship.