Chicago L-1A Visa Attorney for Sales Managers
Illinois Immigration Lawyer for Executives
Due to the expansion of the global marketplace, more and more companies are establishing an international presence through affiliates, subsidiaries and branch offices and hiring foreign sales managers to oversee sales efforts in locations outside of the United States.
From time to time, as business needs dictate, a company may transfer foreign sales managers to another location within the company, including to offices within the United States. In these situations, the company can seek to obtain an L-1A visa on behalf of the transferred employed if certain criteria are met.
We Understand Your International Business Employment Needs
The knowledgeable business and employment visa attorneys at The Shapiro Law Group have more than 30 years of experience helping employers fulfill their employment needs and comply with U.S. immigrations regulations by obtaining the necessary and appropriate work visas for its foreign employees. Because we focus on visa and immigration issues, we have a vast understanding of the international employment needs of today’s businesses. We are familiar with the types of job positions that qualify for the L-1A work visa, such as executives, sales managers, IT managers and marketing managers, to ensure the timely visa submission with the necessary supporting documentation.
Qualifications of Employer
In order to qualify for an L-1A visa, the employer must:
- Be a parent company, branch office, subsidiary or affiliate of a foreign company; and
- Be doing business as an employer in the United States and in at least one other country for the duration of the transferred employee’s stay in the United States under an L-1A visa.
- Also to qualify, the transferred employee must
- Generally have been working for a parent, subsidiary, affiliate or branch office of the U.S. company abroad for at least one continuous year within the previous three years (unless the employer has received a blanket L-1 approval, in which case the time is reduced to 6 months abroad); and
- Be transferred to the U.S. company in an executive or managerial capacity.
An “executive” is generally an employee who has the ability to make decisions without much oversight. A “manager” is, generally, an employee who has the ability to supervise and control the work of other professional employees and manage the organization or one of its departments. A manager is responsible for an essential function of the company at a high level without direct supervision.
Immigration Experience You Can Trust
With more than 30 years of experience helping clients with immigration and visa issues, the skilled Chicago-area employment visa attorneys at The Shapiro Law Group have the knowledge and understanding of international business employment issues and can help ensure that you satisfy your business and employment needs while complying with immigration laws and regulations. Contact one of our Chicago-area employment immigration attorneys at (847) 564-0712 to discuss your L-1A transfer visas for sales managers.